Thursday, December 30, 2010

Who is Lady Sevely?

I am rather ashamed to come here and admit this, but I have had an impostor suddenly appear in my book. I don't know where she came from; I had promised myself that there would be no more random characters, but I seem to have broken that promise.

Hallelujah!

Her name is Lady Geneva Sevely, and she has several grown, married daughters and one son named Edward who is useless and insulting, whom is often discussed but who never appears. I am still recovering from the recent (and almost equally sudden) introduction of the superficial ignoramus Miss Adela Frederick, but I have suddenly realized that she would need an equally strong opposing force. I am very glad I did: though Lady Geneva Sevely has suddenly appeared from my noggin, like Athena from the head of Zeus, I have realized that I need her. Here are the reasons I need Lady Sevely:

1: Kore has no friends in London, and although she and her cousin make a great team, Gabriel is often MIA. Such is the case when one leads a double (practically triple) life! He'll reap what he sows, don't worry about it.
His mother, however, is an even larger part of the problem: she introduces Kore to all the people she feels her niece ought to know, none of whom are the kind of person to whom Kore can relate. Suffice to say, Kore needs a real friend during her brief spell in town. Lady Sevely, despite or because of their differences in age, shall be that friend. :-)

2: She is an older woman who says what she thinks and gets away with it because of her wealth and advanced years. Which makes her funny.

3: It's too late to get rid of her now. The more I learn of this lady, the more interesting she becomes.

I'll let you know if something else interesting happens. I'm only posting this because it's where my brain has been lodged for at least 32 hours.

Happy New Year's Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment