Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Edginess

Here is the question of the day:

Just how far can I go in descriptions of really quite shocking experiences/events/ideas while attempting to be accurate and true --not only regarding the time period itself, but also the contemporary literature of the time? It is proving difficult, and requires reading a little less George R. R. Martin and a lot more Charles Dickens.

This is my current struggle . . . because I have had to succumb to the fact that there are certain things in this story that are NOT easy to write about, and the easier part is practically done. I have started working around the edges, and am finally forcing my way into the heart of The Book -- which is a lot less fun but far, far more important. This is not too enjoyable, but I am writing.

THAT is the thing.

I am writing.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment